This summer, students promoting to middle school have been attending Middler Mashup.
During each meeting, we have discussed and studied a single topic (we’ve also had time for snacks, crafts, and fun!). Our topics this summer were Who Is Jesus?, What Is the Church For?, Where Do I Fit In?, and Family Traditions.
During our last session, we discussed our church family traditions—baptism and communion. In addition to a field trip to the baptistery and sharing communion together, each learner spent some time pondering the topic What I Believe About God and Me, and writing their thoughts.
I was so impressed that I wanted to share some of their writing with you:
- “God loves me for my actions.”
- “God loves me because of who I am.”
- “(God and I) are friends. We are family.”
- “God and I are alike because we are kind.”
- “We share prayer.”
- “God loves me no matter what. I love God no matter what.”
I think we have much to learn from our fabulous “middlers”! And, did I mention the bowling party to wrap-up the summer?